Our Wellness Space gives you a chance to relax and pamper yourself. Rejuvenate your senses with the outdoor hot tub,
infrared sauna and various treatments.
For centuries, people have used hot water for its therapeutic qualities. The hot tub has been adopted by numerous cultures and civilizations.
Today, the hot tub is known for its many benefits. With its hydromassage jets, it gives targeted and effective massages. The pairing of heat and massage soothes both the body and mind.
The swirl effect stimulates blood circulation, releases muscle tension, soothes joints, loosens muscles, tones skin, relieves pain, helps digestion, eliminates toxins, increases oxygen flow to various cells in the body and provides overall relaxation.
Enjoy our outdoor hot tub under the stars!
The sauna – An ancient practice
The sauna is a Finnish social and family tradition that dates back over 2,000 years. The Finnish used it in their ancient religious ceremonies for mental, spiritual and physical well-being. Native Americans, who used a tent similar to the sauna to wash and cleanse themselves (sweat lodge), were aware of the beneficial effects that perspiration has on health.
In the infrared sauna cabin, the stove is replaced by infrared heating elements installed in strategic places. They radiate heat, like the sun, but without emitting ultraviolet rays. While the traditional sauna heats the air, in an infrared sauna, 80% of the thermic rays penetrate deep into skin tissue.
- The sauna cleanses: The infrared heat provokes 3 to 6 times more perspiration than a traditional sauna. This allows the skin to breathe better and improves blood circulation. Released of their toxins, tense muscles loosen. The ambient temperature, around 40°C, demands less of the heart and is more tolerable for people who are sensitive to extreme heat.
- The sauna relaxes: A sauna session is very effective for easing stress and tension. Under the heat, the body releases endorphins, which encourage sleep and relaxation. Practised just before bed, the sauna improves sleep.
- The sauna improves muscular and cardiovascular function: By dilating blood vessels, the sauna helps the functioning of the cardiovascular system. It also helps keep blood pressure low. Finally, increased blood circulation in the sauna helps rapidly soothe muscle pain and other soreness.
- The sauna improves the immune system: The sauna uses heat to put the body in an artificial fever state. The artificial fever stimulates the immune system and increases white blood cell and antibody production to fight off illnesses. When practised regularly, the sauna even helps defend against the flu.
- The sauna beautifies skin: By dilating the pores, the sauna allows the skin to release its toxins. It also softens the skin and improves its elasticity. The cold shower then helps tighten the skin’s pores, improving its appearance. Infrared advocates also highlight, based on medical research, the sauna’s positive effects on dermatological diseases like eczema, psoriasis and urticaria.
Massages and treatments – By reservation
- The Filipino treatment is a form of therapeutic touch. It specifically uses the sense of touch in a high energy field. The practitioner administering the Filipino treatment becomes a channel through which strong curative energy flows. Treatments help to restore health in the physical body by cleansing its energy. This cleansing can occur on several levels (body, soul and mind). Each dose of energy received in a session is an opportunity to cleanse the body (of toxins, pain, illness, etc.) and create favourable conditions for regenerating and revitalizing organs, tissues, chakras, cells, etc.
- Swedish massage is a dynamic massage technique that aims to dissolve tension and strengthen muscles and joints. Its toning and relaxing effect encourages blood and lymphatic circulation, eliminates toxins and helps the body regain its natural balance. This technique involves several manipulations: effleurage, petrissage, friction, percussion and vibration. When delivered in a particular order, they create an effect similar to that of exercise.
- Tianshi is a gentle and complementary approach to traditional medical care that helps people in their natural ability to self-heal. A Tianshi treatment can help release memories accumulated in cells. It helps harmonize body energies to create a feeling of well-being and lightness.